Public Works

Yes. Samples of the water are taken to the PDC Lab twice a month. The water is tested for bacteria, per EPA regulations.

Yes. Our water has 35-39 grains of hardness. We highly recommend every resident to purchase a water softner for their water.

Branches should be placed at the curbside, in the parkway, with the cut-side facing the curb. This makes for easier pick up, ensuring us to have more time to stay on schedule. We also have a time limit of fifteen minutes per household. Branches must come from the work of the resident, not a private company. Private companies are to make their own arrangements for branch removal. Branches that exceed 8 inches in diameter will be left in the parkway, to be picked up with a different piece of Village equipment. Please make notice that branches placed for pick up are not blocked by parked vehicles. Due to the chance of damaging the vehicle, the branches will be bypassed.

Leaves must be lined along the curbside. Do not put leaves, trees, signs, or other obstructions in the road. Leaf piles must be clear of parked vehicles. The leaf collecting machine must be able to drive along the curb without interference.

It is unlawful for any person to park a motor vehicle or, if parked, to allow a motor vehicle to remain parked or standing in a public street or alley during or after snowfall in which there is an accumulation of two (2) inches of snow or more. 

To schedule an appointment with the water department, call the Village Hall at 708-672-5431. Appointments can be scheduled for anytime Monday-Friday, from 7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. The Water Department will come out and check your pressure from the water meter. When they do that, they will advise what you should do next. If a line blow out is recommended, you will need to contact the Village Hall to schedule it for a Wednesday. Water line blow outs are only done on Wednesdays. At the time of the appointment, the homeowner must be there to sign the waiver- which states that the pipe line from the B-Box and everything into the house is the responsibility of the homeowner in the event of the blow out causing a pipe to break. If a tenant wants to have a blow out, the landlord must sign the waiver for it. Clear the area around the meter as best as possible to make it accessible.

Hydrants are flushed twice yearly. It is done around April and October, with varying dates. Signs are posted around town one week prior to flushing to inform the residents.

Branch chipping is a weekly service starting in early spring until the last full week of October. Chipping varies based on demand; the reason for this is the residents do a majority of their tree clean up during the summer months. All branches should be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM on Monday.

All water lines from the B-Box in the yard and into the house are the houseowner’s responsibility. The one exception is the water meter itself, which is Village property.

All issues with water billing should be addressed to the Village Hall at 708-672-5431. The water department is not involved in making bill adjustments, payments, or price rates.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window