Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
SNOW REMOVAL REMINDER:
1. The Village of Crete Snow Removal Ordinance is in effect after an accumulation of two inches of snow measured at 1201 Douglas Lane.
*No vehicles or trailers can be parked on the roadways.
*Once the snowfall has ended and the streets have been plowed from curb to curb, vehicles may park on the roads.
*Vehicle owners in violation of this ordinance can be ticketed.
2. During a prolonged snowfall, roadways receive two snowplow passes down the center. After all of the roadways are passable, the plows return to clean the road surface for curb to curb.
3. Snow removal priorities are as follows:
*Main streets to allow the majority of traffic flow.
*Secondary streets which have less traffic than the main streets and consist of predominantly residential areas and some commercial areas.
*Culs-de-sac, Alleys, and Dead end streets which have the least amount of traffic.
4. It is unlawful for any person to in any manner deposit, push, shovel, snow-blow, transfer or otherwise direct or place snow removed from any other areas on to any public roadway or alley.
5. Clear snow from the public sidewalk abutting your property and around your mailbox.
6. Please remove snow from around fire hydrants in the parkway, to ensure everyone's safety.
The Village of Crete